About Me

Parker, CO
I am an avid cyclist and mother of 2 fantastic girls and wife to Doug, another avid cyclist. Doug races competitively as well and we try to make it a family affair. I started riding road bikes 4 years ago and quickly determined that I had some talent on the bike. This led me to start racing and the rest is history. My love for road racing and competing had me working hard and in 3 short seasons, I worked my way from a cat 4 rider to a cat 1. I am now the team captain of a very successful race team, ColoBikeLaw!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

AZ Training Camp
















It's been a while since I had an update. We had a training camp/race in Phoenix, AZ over Valentines Day weekend. We had a good time, had our "A" squad there to race at Valley of the Sun Stage Race. We were tested earlier in the week to get our teams overall Lactate Threshold numbers. This makes it possible to Corey and Barney to put our team "together" with each riders strengths and weaknesses. It was warm and sunny the entire time we were there.

The race was a crash fest. We started with the TT on Friday. We had 2 riders end up in the top 10. I was 9th going into the Road Race. During the RR, on the last lap and about 2.5 miles from the finish the rider in front of me went down for no apparent reason. I went down as well, managed to get up and tried like crazy to catch back onto the peloton, with no success. I finished about 1 min. back.
The crit was fun on Sunday, lots of hard work but worth it, as we developed a gap in the field of around 25 seconds. My teammate crashed and I stopped to help her, she was badly hurt, so we both dropped out of the race. Oh well, this is bike racing...

No comments: